Click Click NOW

Friday, November 26, 2010

Pergaduhan Negro dengan TV3

Published: Friday November 26, 2010 MYT 1:02:00 PM                                                                              

KUALA LUMPUR: A couple who run a restaurant in Taman Connaught was ordered to enter their defence by the Sessions court on two charges of robbing video cameras from TV3 crew two years ago.

Elizabeth Sumana De Silva and her Nigerian husband Adeyemi Rasaq Tunde, both 44, were initially jointly charged - together with 20 people still at large - with two counts of robbing the cameras from TV3 cameramen Fauzi Muin, 33, and Nor Azman Jumaat, 36.

They allegedly committed the offence at a restaurant on Sept 15, 2008.

However, judge Zainal Abidin Kamarudin amended the first charge against De Silva from robbing to being in possession of the camera.

She was ordered by the court to enter her defence on the amended charge and also ordered to enter her defence on a second charge of robbing a video camera from Nor Azman.

Tunde was ordered to enter his defence on the charge of robbing Fauzi but was acquitted without his defence being called on the second charge of robbing Nor Azman.

Lawyer Christopher Joseph appeared for both the accused while deputy public prosecutor Nurul Ashiqin Zulkifli appeared for the prosecution.

The court fixed Dec 1 for trial.

It was reported previously that TV3 journalist Puspavathy Ramaloo, 34, and her crew were filming a special report on Africans in the area when they spotted some empty beer cans and decided to capture them on film.

A group of African men then approached the two cameramen and started screaming at them, and accused the cameramen of filming them and the restaurant.

The report also mentioned that a commotion occurred as the group tried to grab the camera but the assistant cameraman, Fauzi, managed to run off with it. The Africans, however, caught up with him and assaulted him.

Puspavathy, who was inside a car, had said a woman also joined in the attack and the group then seized their camera worth about RM13,000.

It was also reported that Fauzi suffered injuries on his hands and that the crew decided to record Fauzi’s injuries with another camera, but the same group approached them and started hurling accusations, before taking away the second camera.

The TV3 crew then called the police and the woman led the police to the first camera, the report said.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...